— Bea's catchphrase
Beatrice "Bea" Goldfishberg is an overly dramatic, cheerful, intimidating goldfish and one of the main characters of Fish Hooks. Her best friends are Milo and Oscar. Her other friends include Shellsea, Clamantha, Koi, Finberley and Esmargot. To many other male fish, she is very pretty, as shown when she was going out on a lot of dates in "Doris Flores Gorgeous".
Bea's lifelong dream is to become a famous actress and rising star. She is often overly dramatic. She doesn’t like it when people don’t let her do her act or when people don’t say their lines. She is also very flirtatious, as she dated a lot. She thinks she’s too talented
She’s also portrayed as being somewhat arrogant, always complimenting herself, particularly on her acting abilities, and has trouble taking criticism. Sometimes she will claim to be able to do things that she cannot, such as scorpion riding ("Bea's Commercial").
Bea is a goldfish with a golden bodysuit, red fins, and flippers. She has freckles and long, red hair with an orange headband with yellow stars on it. She says that her eyes are too far apart and that she has fish lips (Fishbook). In the episode, "Oscar is a Playa," when looking at Oscar, it‘s shown that her eyes are green.
Milo is one of Bea's two best friends. Milo thinks that Bea is "Bea-utiful" after seeing her school's photo, and afterwards, Bea hugs him. ("Bea Stays in the Picture").
Milo is afraid of losing Bea forever ("Fish Sleepover Party", "Bye Bye Bea Bea", "The Big Woo"). Bea is always willing to help Milo in any situation, no matter how risky it is ("Fail Fish", "Fish Out of Water", "Big Fish", "Dollars and Fish"). Both are competitive, so if it is "boys vs. girls", they become rivals. ("Fish Floaters").
The two were fake dating in "Bea Dates Milo", and both were forced to kiss, but immediately "broke up" afterwards, because they just wanted to remain friends.
Milo had never bought Bea a birthday present before "Bea's Birthday Surprise".
Milo tried to ask Bea to be his date to the prom, because he had no one else to invite ("Fish Prom").
|The image gallery for Bea Goldfishberg may be viewed here.|
- Bea is the first character to appear in a "You're Watching Disney Channel" bumper (even if it‘s only in Latin America).
- In the original design of Bea, there were no stars on her headband.
- Bea's eyes become larger and rounder as the episodes progress.
- She has a 5:00 p.m. curfew. ("Bea Becomes an Adult Fish")
- Bea is a babysitter ("Dollars and Fish").
- Bea can‘t drink 2% milk because her parents think it’s too wild for her ("Bea Sneaks Out").
- Baby Princess Sweet Face, a porcelain doll, was her childhood nightmare. ("Unfinished Doll Business.")
- She has a liking for vampires and werewolves.
- Bea's shortest roles were in "Guys' Night Out" and "Freshwater Five-O".
- The only episode where Bea didn’t appear was "Hare and Back Again".
- She hates catfish.