|“||Imagine this, 5 years from now, you're on your way to see my latest Blockbuster, but there, up on the screen: "Pre-Show Movie Trivia!" "Who's picture is this?" And Boom! There it is! The high school yearbook photo!||”|
— Bea Goldfishberg
It's the school's picture day and Milo, Oscar and Bea try to make their picture the best. While Oscar's photo turns out bad with the flash reflecting off his braces and Milo's turning out a little weird, Bea tries to make it perfect. When the photo is taken and Bea does not appreciate it, she and Milo infiltrate Clamantha's yearbook office while Oscar takes Clamantha on a date in order to keep her away from the yearbook office.
At Freshwater High, the fish stir around in their tanks as today is yearbook picture day. One fish in particular, Bea, is standing in line with her two best buddies, Milo and Oscar, frantically trying to steady her self. Bea knows as her first high school photo, she must look her best as this picture may end up following her for the rest of her life, even in her hopes of becoming a movie star.
After Milo and Oscar's disastrous photos, Bea frets. Clamantha, the yearbook editor, calls her for her turn. She sits up at on the stool. While going through a checklist, a cloud of hairspray clogs her view. She lets out a big sneeze and the picture is taken. Clamantha throws the Polaroid picture up on the stack of the others. Bea attempts to persuade her into getting the picture back, but fails. Clamantha reminds her that the photo will follow her forever.
The three stay after the last bell to try and retrieve the picture. Milo pulls out a Growing-Dinosaur called a Grow-A-Saurs expanding sponge. They toss it into Clamantha’s locker. Mr. Baldwin steps out in suspicion. Milo jumps into the trashcan and Bea and Oscar try to act natural. After a thin excuse, Mr. Baldwin leaves. The dinosaur expands and bursts the door of Clamantha's locker. Bea peers in hoping to find the yearbook pictures but instead sees a shrine to Clamantha’s love interest: Oscar. Milo pops out of the trash can and declares it a "horror show". Oscar, however, doesn't think its weird though because he has a shrine to Bea in his locker.
Clamantha goes into the Yearbook Office, completely oblivious to her destroyed locker door. Bea devises a plan to get her out. Based on the shrine, she gets Oscar to lure her out. Clamantha leaves with him while Milo and Bea sneak in. It's discovered there’s an entire obstacle course to get into the main room including a five digit password.
Bea then calls Oscar. Turns out he's sharing a smoothie with Clamantha. She asks him to figure out what her computer password is: Oscar. They type it in and head into a full booby trapped trail. Milo shoots through just barely passing death. Bea grabs him and they try to soar into the photo room. They skid into the room. But it turns out the back part of Milo’s pants is skinned off. Bea finds her terrible photo and shows Milo. It is a regular photo, actually. Milo reassures her she’s very awesome and beautiful. She tears up sweetly, gives him a hug and thanks him for helping her.
They step out and realize they forgot Oscar. Turns out Clamantha and him are parked up at L♥ver's Tank. Bea pops up and pretends to be his girlfriend. Clamantha drives away realizing she can't be with a taken man. Bea tells Milo and Oscar she just practiced her acting. Oscar looks down after getting his hopes up of dating Bea, his love interest.
For a full transcript of Bea Stays in the Picture, click here.
|The image gallery for Bea Stays in the Picture may be viewed here.|
Bud's Pets & ...
- Used Cameras
Milo: (to Bea) No, you said that going to the Britney Troutface concert was the most important day of your life.
Bea: Um, Clamantha, you can't use that picture in the yearbook.
Clamantha: Sure I can! I'm the yearbook editor!
Clamantha: I'm a teenage clam.
Bea: looks into Clamantha's locker Oh, my gosh. You guys have to see this!
Oscar and Milo look into Clamantha's locker Clamantha's locker is shown, and it is seen as a shrine to Oscar
Bea: Milo, give me your phone.
Milo: Good thinking. Call the S.W.A.T. team.
Milo: Thanks for saving my butt, Bea.
Bea screams. The back of Milo's pants have been cut off revealing his underwear.
Oscar: We parked at lover's tank? Isn't that where kids come and hold hands and stuff?
Clamantha: Yeah, but I don't have any hands. Just lips.
Bea: Clamantha, what are you doing in the car with my man?
Clamantha: Oscar, why didn't you tell me Bea was your girlfriend? Smart clam, don't share her man. Please, get out of my car.
- Oscar wears his suit in the whole episode.
- On the camera that takes the yearbook photos it says "Clamera". This might not be an error since they might have wanted to make it more funny.
- Oscar's photo isn't in the yearbook stack and is next to the speakers that use Clamantha's voice and talks to Milo and Bea, while Koi's photo is in the front of the stack.
- There are two different title cards:
- Title of episode shown in front of the pet store. All other credits except for voice talents are shown afterwards. This one was shown on the episode's first airing (September 3, 2010)
- Title of episode in front of an underwater background, like all others. This tile card reveals voice talents, and was paired with "Happy Birthfish, Jocktopus" premiere when this title card was first shown (October 8, 2010).
- Britney Troutfish is a parody of Britney Spears.
- The episode aired on September 3, 2010 on Disney Channel as a sneak peek after Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam. The episode ranked as the number one animated telecast that week, with 4.8 million viewers.
- September 5, 2010 (Disney Channel Latin America)
- September 17, 2010 (Disney Channel UK}
- When Bea, Milo, and Oscar sit in the theater make fun of a pre-show its a parody of the KTMA (later Comedy Central and Syfy) longest-running comedy show Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- When Clamantha's locker got opened it was knocked to the opposite wall and bent, but when Oscar's obsession is shown the locker door is straight and attached.
- In the yearbook, Esmargot is put down as "Esmargo". This may of happened since later in the series a few people nickname her it.
- When the locker door breaks off you can see a door on the wall the locker crashed.The door says Yearbook office hower Clamantha goes though the yearbook office surely Clamantha would of noticed her locker door broken.
- When the photographer presses the button when Bea sneezes, he and Clamantha are on the right side of the camera. But instantly after the flash of the camera light, the photographer and Clamantha are in front of the camera.
- Koi has a bigger size than she has in later episodes.
- When Bea sneezed it is impossible had a perfect smile picture
- None; because this episode is first episode of "Fish Hooks".
- The Kid Stays in the Picture: The title of this episode is a parody of The Kid Stays in the Picture.
- Kyle Massey as Milo
- Chelsea Staub as Bea Goldfishberg
- Justin Roiland as Oscar
- John Caparulo as Headphone Joe
- John DiMaggio as Photographer
- Alex Hirsch as Clamantha
- Dana Snyder as Mr. Baldwin
- ♦ designates a character that did not appear in this episode
- ♣ These actors appeared in the partner episode.
| Previously produced episode:|
|"Bea Stays in the Picture"|| Next produced episode:|
"Fish Out of Water"
| Previously aired episode:|
| Next aired episode:|
"Fish Sleepover Party"